Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Kitchen Pics

This kitchen has  beautiful wood walls and ceiling. It's odd shape and sections require some creative thinking! This round window overlooks the wrap around porch, to the right is cabinets and counter with dishwasher, see 3rd pic...  
This is the area when you first enter the kitchen (entry is on the right, past the stove) Cabinets are definitely going to be painted! I really love glass tiles and am thinking of adding them as a backsplash to break up some of the wood.  A new countertop is on the list. Really not sure about a color scheme. Creamy cabinets...some blues? Keep in mind there's going to be a lot of DIY projects with LOW budgets, Heating and Air are the money eaters in this house. You'll see wall air units and baseboard heating throughout.  
This is the dishwasher area...to the right is a step down to the breakfast area and the built in fridge. Maybe build an island with a cooktop over here?
This area will have a table, maybe a bench built in to the left side and some comfy chairs to complete the seating. These beautiful big windows... love them but what do I do with them?
There's also not a lot of wall space for artwork..gasp! I'll figure out something! 
I'm thinking I'm a great candidate for HGTV'S Rate My Space makeover....   

6 comments:

Cindy said...

What a great space though! And lots of lovely light! I think you will be able to do lots with this.

-c

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Hazel!
Love your new kitchen--especially the horizontal wood slats. I wanted to stop by and say "Thank-you for visiting The Katillac Shack."

And, I can relate -your gorgeous 7 year younger photo---I just get mine airbrushed!!! No kidding.
Although you know 7 years from now we will look at the pics from now and think "wow I looked good!"

love, kelee

pve design said...

I love it. I would paint the kitchen cabinets a lovely creamy gray and perhaps paint the wood a robin's egg blue. I love the windows.

Lisa Porter said...

Hazel,
Good Friday to you and thanks for stopping by TLPC and leaving a nice comment. Yes derby is already in the air but first Easter. I'm anxious for this crazy weather to pass and enjoy a nice weekend here in the bluegrass.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Lisa

CouponAlbum said...

Oh!! It's kitchen!! Wooden walls and glass tiles are fantastic choice!! Your kitchen has good space!!

MFAMB said...

great space. very unique!
i love patricia at pve's idea. but i think my personal choice would be to white it out. it would look so airy and open. those dark wood ceilings make it look like a dungeon. and on a budget, paint is your best friend. i would start there and then see what the space looks like after.
xoj