Saturday, May 31, 2008
Friday, May 30, 2008
Saturday, May 24, 2008
I am so excited to have finally found Craft Inc. in stock at my local booksellers. I am on the 2nd page of the intro.....kissing it!
Even if you've been in business 7 years, like me, there are always new things to learn. I will be finished with the book by Tuesday and give you some insight into what I've learned. If you run across it this weekend...buy it!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
1. She grits her teeth when hugging us (shown above).
2. She grew up WITH me, married at 15 and had me at 16!
3. She is ALWAYS put together, nails done, heels, jewelry, she does it all!
4. Divorced at 19, lost custody for no reason to my dad's parents, kidnapped us at 25, 1 year of "running", caught and got full custody. There weren't milk cartons back then or we would have been on one!
5. If anyone needs help or a hand... she is the first one in line.
6. Has a strong work ethic.
7. Number one rule when I was growing up...you'll get in A LOT more trouble if you lie to her, just don't do it!
8. Taught me to love reading.
9. Brags, Brags, Brags about her kids and grandkids.
10. Taught me to stand my ground and take up for myself, even against her.
11. She, like me, will laugh hysterically at extremely sad moments. I feel sorry for the people in the theatre when we saw the movie The Champ!
12. She is actually driving over to my house today in her jammies. It's a day of eating, watching movies, and napping!
14. Knows that since I gave her 3 grandchildren, she will live with my sis or a HOME when she's old! LOL!
15. Knows that We love her with all our hearts...
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Good Morning Everyone! Since I won the great gift from 5 Minutes for Mom, I want to share the joy with you! I will have a better late than never Mother's Day giveaway all weekend!
I will be giving away a kid's keychain to 3 lucky moms! This is a large hand painted ball keychain with a thick glaze over it. I will paint up to 6 kids on it for you. You will get to choose colors, hair styles etc. No kids? Then you can have your dog(s), cat(s) or you and your partner on it! Take a look at all of the sample designs here.
All you have to do is comment on this post!
I would love it if you would link to this post on your blog but it's not required.
I will draw names on Monday morning. Good Luck and have a GREAT mother's Day!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Please Don't Judge!
Here we go...
1. My favorite sandwich...turkey, cheese, mustard, mayo, pickles, and potato chips, all smooshed together!
2. I can be found out and about sporting paint splattered clothes, I FORGET to change my clothes...sometimes.
3. I love the smell of my Yorkie/Poo's ears. I have to smell them daily... they really do smell like chocolate chip cookies!
4. I laugh uncontrollably in sad situations. The fine line between laughter and tears?
5. There are 2 steak knives in my kitchen that DO NOT belong in the wood block with all the other knives... no one ever puts them in the drawer where they belong, they swear they can't tell the difference... I think they're all lying.
6. I say " Good Morning" to my little one's bottom and toes. I ask the toes not to fight before I put shoes on them.
How QUiRKY am I????
Now let's see how quirky these bloggers are...
3.. Peggy at Peggy's Gifts, Maybe this will force her to POST a second entry!
4. Proud Grits
5. Katy at The Country Blossom
6.Melissa at Fischtales
Rules of play:
a. Link the person who tagged you. That’s Me
b. Mention the rules in your blog post.
c. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
d. Tag 6 bloggers by linking to them.
e. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they have been tagged.
img src="http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/muraldevotee/hazelsiggy.jpg" />
Sunday, May 4, 2008
RIP SWEET GIRL
IN CASE YOU DIDN'T HEAR, EIGHT BELLES FINISHED SECOND IN THE DERBY ONLY TO BREAK BOTH FRONT ANKLES IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE RACE, SHE WAS EUTHANIZED ON THE TRACK. FIRST FEMALE TO RUN IN THE DERBY IN A DECADE. WHAT A STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL GIRL. SO HEARTBREAKING, SAY A PRAYER FOR THE TRAINER, HE IS VERY DISTRAUGHT.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
J Davis Studio House NecklaceLove this sweet necklace!
The Black Apple Postcard SetTHE top seller on Etsy! Love her beautiful portraits!
Starcraft paper starsI remember making these paper stars in Girl Scouts, one of my favorite memories!